ARD's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Mandate:
ARD is a team dedicated to respecting and enhancing the local communities in which we operate. We believe in seeking long-term, win-win-win relationships for all stakeholders: win for the local people, win for local governments, and win for the investors.
Community Engagement Policies:
In line with our CSR Mandate, we have the following Community Engagement Policies;
- All our relationships are built on mutual respect, straightforwardness, and tenacious effort.
- ARD aspires to build relationships and opportunities to work with our local communities that provide mutual understanding and active partnerships in an environment of mutual respect.
- We seek a deep understanding of the socioeconomic issues facing local populations, so that we can find synergies – areas where our work programs can benefit local people, and particularly those segments of the population affected by severe poverty.
- We wish to support community based projects that are sustainable in nature, and seek to leverage the benefits of our mine development and operation towards the local communities.
- We proactively create opportunities and forums to support open communication with our local communities and governments and listen to identify and solve problems in an open and transparent manner.
- We want to work with our local communities to develop community plans that build capacity and social infrastructure and are integrated with our development and operational plans.
- ARD believes in the support of education and skills training.
- ARD seeks provision of employment opportunities.
- ARD seeks provision of contracts to stimulate growth of local small and medium enterprises.
- ARD believes in supporting local business opportunities.
- We support local partnerships that focus on key community needs.
- We seek to contribute to regional economic development through projects' developments and operations.